- Number of project hours: 1,354 hours
- Project duration: 6 months
- 5 technicians
A manufacturer specializing in roof windows, recently invested in the development of one of its production lines. Indeed, some difficulties encountered with product quality, as well as the management of workstations, determined our client to totally rethink its paint line.
The aims were clear:
- Reduce quality faults on the posts painted at oven outlet by controlling the quality of the palletisation.
- Reduce the TMS: as palletisation is manual, 2 to 3 people operate at this workstation under difficult conditions (several tons of components carried per day)
- Guarantee the cycle times for the new oven, including repeatability on all diversities (55)
DV GROUP SOLUTION
In order to reach these various objectives, we suggested to our client the setting-up of a robotic cell. Aim: to automatically palletise the various uprights and cross-pieces exiting the oven for sending to the construction building. Its function is to palletise the component layers prepared beforehand at the end of the conveyor belt, complying with the cycle times for each reference. Consequently, the robot places two battens between each layer which wedge the components in place.
The + point: adaptability to all the upright references, compliance with cycle times, suggestion of a downgraded mode which does not include the robot.
Various types of equipment were used for this:
- One 6 axe FANUC R2000i 210kg robot
- Guide robot for robot simulation
- NX/Mcd software to simulate the conveyor layer formation
- One S7 and IHM Comfort robot
- One Keyence profile recognition camera
So, for 6 months, the experts in our design office were mobilised in order to successfully complete this robotics project.
WORK CARRIED OUT
DV GROUP turnkey technical solution:
- Validation of the sizing and compliance with throughput via 3D simulation
- Suggestion of an automated solution with a FANUC robot and a Siemens robot, with axis management embedded into the gripper
- Management of a conveyor via an electronic cam for the formation of each layer, with a controlled space between each component in order to increase quality
- Verification of parts by camera check on entry
- Installation and full implementation in the DV GROUP premises for reduced workshop time and installation at the client’s premises
CLIENTS GAINS AND BENEFITS
- Inclusion of each diversity without adjustment with a guaranteed speed and change of diversity on the fly
- Increase in product quality, decrease in scrap materials
- Compliance with the PackML world programming standard used by VELUX for greater reactivity to maintenance
- Possibility of adapting production to a new component via simple configuration on the IHM
- Arduousness of the job greatly reduced: significant decrease in sick leave