interventions in 2017
DC motor repair
at DV Group
A national offering that meets our customers’ security requirements
A variety of tools adapted to your needs:
- Fully-equipped truck
- Lifting gantry (1.5 / 3 / 5 tonnes), boom, gazelle (seat with platform)
- Hoist: 0.5 / 1 / 2 / 5 tonnes
- Hydraulic cylinders: 1 / 5 / 8 / 10 / 50 tonnes
- SKF Extractors
- PRUFTECHNIC Laser Alignment, SKF
- CSI2130/ CSI2140 for balancing
- Site Manager dedicated to your on-site maintenance
- Execution of a prevention plan / insulation / risk analysis
- Marking the work area
- Personnel with all necessary authorisations: CACES, button box, elevator, work at height, electrical authorisations, N1/N2
- Electrical inspection of installed products: megaohm meter, milliohm meter, BAKER index
- Coupling assembly
- Laser alignment to 1/100 mm on direct coupling, extension, cardan, belt pulley
- Direction of rotation test, vacuum test and load test
- Vibration and signature measurement
- Diagnosis and testing history
- Traceability produced by: machine number / customer number / DV GROUP number.
- Test sheet and qualification/test certificate
Case study :
Need / Context
Glass producers must rebuild their furnaces every 15 years. The refractory brick component needs to be replaced to ensure its tightness of fit. During this shutdown, the OI Manufacturing site in Ardèche refurbishes the related equipment. Glass production has a reliability requirement, and must be able to ensure long periods without breakdown or maintenance stoppage.
To achieve these availability and efficiency goals, the glass producer entrusts us with the removal, overhaul and refitting of its fifteen 750 KW - 50 Hz medium-voltage fan and compressor motors. For one month (800 hours), our teams from the various electromechanical sites in Grigny, Cambrai and Lyon mobilised to process these products and meet the deadlines imposed by our customer. We added DV GROUP know-how to the flawless organisation demanded by this project. OI Manufacturing has atypical 750 KW - 50 Hz medium voltage motors with plain oil bearings instead of ball bearings. These bearings carry a higher radial load and have a longer life than bearings. However, they require a specific expertise.
- Deadlines met - Furnace restart with products 100% tested and 100% functional
Need / Context
The European Organization for Nuclear Research, commonly known as CERN, is the largest particle physics center in the world. CERN is located in Switzerland, near Geneva. On an ad hoc basis, CERN makes technical stops in order to recondition their equipment. Following the last stop, a lubrication problem on two cooling tower reducers is detected.
CERN wants a SIEMENS / FLENDER agreed repair partner which leads them to contact us. After many exchanges with the customer, particularly about the safety of this kind of repairs, CERN entrusts us with the project. Our customer asked us to overhaul these 2 FLENDER industrial reducers but also to supply and replace the lubrication pump within a period of 4 weeks. For a month, our teams were mobilized to treat these products and meet the deadlines our customer required.
- Deadlines respected - Preparation of a detailed report describing the different operations carried out - Convinced by the results of this first collaboration, CERN wishes to entrust us with the overhaul of 6 to 8 other reducers for the coming years.
Our other solutions
for Electromechanical maintenance